How to Make Money as a Mystery Shopper
Those looking for a way to bring home some extra cash, in addition to making money with online surveys, can apply to become a mystery shopper.
The mystery shopper, in short, is a person who is asked to go to a restaurant, a store or other type of business to determine compliance with certain rules imposed by the brand in each store.
Positions of this type are very common in fast food chains like McDonald’s or Burger King. In this case, the mystery shopper has the duty to report details about the service received or the status of local, such as time expected, the courtesy of staff, cleaning tables, etc.
Once back home, to the mystery shopper is requested to report all the details, possibly filling in a report.
The same procedure should be followed in case of other types of businesses, such as jewelry, perfume shops, gas stations, etc.
Talking about the rewards, the mystery shopper can not be considered a real job, but just a way to earn some extra money from time to time.
In most cases, in fact, the amount received can be few tens of dollars, inclusive of repayment for the purchase.
In the case of fast food, for example, in most cases the gain is of about 20 dollars, including the repayment for the meal consumed (mandatory).
How to Start as Mistery Shopper
You should search online for legitimate companies !
It can be very easy to get involved in online SCAMS.
Just considerate that legitimate mystery shopping companies never charge fees to the shopper.
Training, tips for improvement and shopping opportunities are given free of charge to the registered users.
See a list below of sites that you can check in order to become a mystery shopper :
– AboutFace : anyone over the age of 18 may become a shopper. Pays all shoppers via PayPal.
- Beyond Hello : beyond Hello specializes in mystery shopping and provides additional services that help clients measure their customers’ experiences.
- Certified Reports : they evaluate theater and everything related to it, like Seating Capacity, Sneak Previews, Audience Reaction, Lobby, etc.
- A Closer Look : a company that documents guest feedback and specializes in the hospitality industry like restaurant, hotel, health club, spa and healthcare industry, like dental, medical markets. Your assignments can be found on their website.
- Greet America : if you are dependable and a hard worker, join the professional Greet America team as an independent contractor. They provide On-line training sessions for those who are new to mystery shopping or wish to learn more.
- All-Star Customer Service : an award wining mystery shopping company. Project includes Shops in retail, banking, sales, hospitality, apartments, restaurants and other industries. Online training too. Site has listing of available jobs.
- Ardent Services : provides comprehensive evaluation services including Customer Service, Merchandise Integrity, Store Standards, Competitor Performance Comparison, Competitor Price Comparison, Associate Integrity and Associate Morale.
- A Top Shop : most shops pay $10-20 per hour. Some shops include benefits such as reimbursement for meals, movie tickets, merchandise, hotel stays, etc.
- Confero : focuses on Retail, grocery and automotive shops.
Mystery shopping will not replace your next career, but it will provide you some extra income, free goods and maybe some good experiences.
Good luck making money as a mystery shopper !