Gold is very much the foundations of global wealth and has been since we first began to trade thousands of years ago, and if you are looking to add to your investment portfolio, gold is a very attractive commodity. It can be used as a hedge against inflation, and with a very stable history, gold is always a way to store your wealth safely, as having the physical possession is all you need.
Here are a few ways that you can invest in the amazing yellow metal we call gold.
Image Source: Pexels
- Gold Bullion – Of course, this is the main way that people acquire gold; which could be anything from a few grams to an entire kilogram bar. If you wish to acquire some gold bullion, it only takes a quick Google search to check out the leading gold bullion dealers near you. It is always advisable to take physical possession of any gold that you may acquire, as this removes any risk of fraud.
- Gold Coins – For many private investors, gold coins offer a pleasurable hobby that combines with investment, and with so many gold coins, you can certainly have some variation with your investment. Popular coins are, the American Eagle, which was introduced in 1986 and has been in great demand since, the Canadian Maple Leaf, which comes in 5 different sizes and is a must-have for any gold coin investor. Other popular gold coins include the Australian Kangaroo; a series of coins first minted in 1987 that are always in great demand, and the American Buffalo, a coin first minted in 2006 by the US government.
- Gold Jewellery – This has long been a method of financial security for many people; who wear bracelets or necklaces that have a specific gold value and can easily be liquidated into a fiat currency. The obvious advantage of keeping your gold in jewellery is you get to wear your investment, which is an attractive proposition to many private investors, and a financial back-up for many others. If you are in need of cash, you have the option of quickly selling gold jewellery Adelaide residents sometimes do.
Image Source: Pixabay
- Gold Exchange Traded Funds (GETF) – Many investors prefer a quick and efficient method of acquiring gold, which is traded on paper in stock exchanges, and one of the most attractive aspects of paper gold buying is the price transparency. All you need to start trading in paper gold in a stock market account, and you can buy as much as you like, or as little as a single gram of gold.
- Sovereign Gold Bonds (SGB) – These are government issued bonds that are not always available; the government might release a specific number within a space of days, then there are no more available for a few weeks or even months. If you would like to know more about the various methods to acquire gold, search online for a reputable gold bullion dealer, who would have all the information you need.
If you are looking for a safe way to store your wealth, gold does take a lot of beating, and as fiat currencies come under pressure, the demand for gold increases, as does its value.